Modern Art Projects South Africa.
The exhibition will be opened by Harrie Siertsema on the 27 January 2016, 6pm for 6:30pm. You are warmly invited.
Beautiful work and gifts made by 40 artists, which include artists from the Cape Craft & Design Institute will be on exhibition is running until 16 January 2016. The perfect opportunity for you to find that special gift for someone special – which could be you! Here are a few pics taken at our opening at sunset on Wed, 2 December.
- 4 November – 20 November 2015 – Staff
- 16 November – 20 November 2015 – Students
- Details to come…
An annual gourmet meal, art exhibition and private auction of original art works is hosted at Oude Libertas Gallery in support of People Living with Cancer “PLWC”. PLWC is an umbrella organisation which brings together various projects and people who are interested in making a difference in the lives of people living with cancer in South Africa.
The event in 2015 is taking place on Sunday, 1 November between 11:00-15:00.
Works on auction are by some of South Africa’s most impressive artists – many of whom will be in attendance – including: Louis Jansen van Vuuren, Lien Botha, Lize Beekman, Marion Geiger, Hennie Meyer, Jeannette Unite, Linda Weaver, Clare Menck, Koos Bronkhorst, Ruan Huisamen, Cathy Layzell, Roelof Rossouw, Ann Marais, Susan Grundling, Anet Pienaar-Vosloo, Willie Steyn, Strydom van der Merwe, Marie Stander, Coral Fourie, Jaco van Schalkwyk, Ian Hunter, Susan Proctor Hume and Lee Molenaar.
Join us at the opening of the exhibition:
- 7 October 2015 – 18:00 for 18:30
- Guest speaker: Francé Beyers
- Exhibition closes on 21 October 2015
- 12 August – 30 September 2015
- Artists: Philip Badenhorst, Frikkie Eksteen, Margaret Gradwell, Angus Taylor, Lynette Ten Krooden, Diane Victor and Berco Wilsenach
- Guest Speaker: Margaret Gradwell
- 1 July – 5 August
- Guest Speaker: Johan van Lill
- Artists: Janko de Beer, Retha Buitenbach, Madelein Marincowitz, Gustav Bester, Sophie Peters, Betty Werth, K;ara-Marie den Heijer, Theo Kleynhans, Brahm van Zyl, Jacques Smit, Ndikhumbule, Mandal Vanyaza, Rudi Hough, Guy du Toit, Aniat van Zyl & Jacques Dhont
- 25 April 2015 to 8 May
- Guest speaker: Professor Wim de Villiers
- Artists: Janko de Beer, Cathy Layzell, Lynda Roeloffze, Egon Tania, Anton Bosch, Louis van Heerden, Elsabe Nortje, Wendy Malan, Inge de Wet, Guy du Toit , Rudi Hough, Nicolene C. Swanepoel, Riaan van den Berg, Ruhan Jansen van Vuuren, Diane Victor, Chrismie, Annette Pretorius, Mandla Vanyaza, Stan Engelbrecht, Johan Agenbach, Jacques Bezuidenhout, Strijdom van der Merwe, Arts Township International, Greatmore Studios, Handspring Puppet Company
- 4 March to 8 April 2015
- Curated by Louis Jansen van Vuuren
- Guest speaker: Saartjie Botha
- Close-ups in image and text – An exhibition of self-portraits by various artists,writers and poets:
Banade, Hanneke; Beekman, Lize; Bengu, Bongi E; Bester, Willie; Botha, Lien; Breyetenbach, Malene; Brundrit, Jean E; Calitz, Wilkin*; Coetzer, Toast; Crafford, Mariette; De Kock, Corlie; De Lange, Johann*; de Vos, Philip; Den Heijer, Klara-Marie; Diedericks, Adriaan; Dorje,Kit E; Dry, Jono E; Du Plooy, Heilna; du Toit, Jan; du Toit, Katie; Els, Jeanne; Genis, gerda; Grundlingh, Susan; Hambridge, Joan; Hamilton, Alex E; Hanekom, Sandra; Henick, Bridgit E; Hennigs, Louise; Hugo, Rachelle; Huisamen, Ruan; Jansen van Vuuren, Louis; Joubert, Marlise; Kirsten Jaco; Kombuis, Koos; Lategan, Herman; Loubser McGuffog, Elsibe; Marais, Estelle; McKenny, Virginia E; Mclean, Diane E; Menck, clare; Meyer, JP; Miles, Joshua E; Nigrini, Michele; November, Selvin; Nuyoni, Vulindlela; Oberholzer, Obie*; Page, Luna; Peters, Sophie; Pienaar Vosloo, Anet; Porchie; Prins, Inge; Rautenbach, Renee; Rust, Zahn; Scheepers, Riana; Scholtz, Leonie; Skye( Blou); Stander, Carina; Stander, Marie; Steyn, Marlene; Strauss, Nicole; Strydom, Sharon; Swart, Keina; Van Bosch, Kobus; Van den Berg, Shany; Van der Meulen, Pierre Carl; Van Schalkwyk, Jaco; Van Wyk, Herman; Venter, Elna; Vermeulen, Leon; Vorster, Theo Paul; Weaver, Linda E; Weyers, Evette.
- 21 January: Exhibition opens
- 28 January: Wine, Art & Theatre evening
Walkabout & Bubbly at Oude Libertas Art gallery – “Celebrate 2015” this event is presented in collaboration with Stellenbosch Wine Festival which is happening between 30 January – 1 Feb.
TOEAC- two classical accordions → make a booking.
8:15 pm – 10:15 pm
Renée Bekkers (1985) and Pieternel Berkers (1986) form the accordion duo TOEAC. They studied at the Fontys Conservatory and at the Royal Danish Academy of Music ‘in Copenhagen. TOEAC received various prizes among others the Novam-accordeonconcours, Princess Christinaconcours, Grand Prix International (France), Premio Internazionale di Fisarmonica (Italy) to name a few.
TOEAC music takes them all over the world including countries such as Indonesia, Canada, China, England, Germany, France, Denmark, Turkey, Belgium and the Netherlands. Pieternel and Renée perform at various festivals such as the Cheltenham Festival, Festival de Saintes, Festival of Flanders, Amsterdam Canal Festival, Rheingau Festival, Festival Earth Beat, Kultur im Kreis, the list goes on. Don’t miss this international duo sensation.
1 2 3 >