A romantic programme of famous Neapolitan Café songs performed on the mandolin.
Alon Sariel is a world famous classical Israeli mandolin player.
He was discovered by Willem Vogel and invited to South Africa to conduct and perform as soloist with the Gauteng Philharmonic Orchestra for the past two years.
Mandolino Napoletano is a charming and hugely accessible concert where Sariel is joined by a Salon Ensemble comprising piano, cello and accordion. The music comprises a delectable selection of songs arranged for the mandolin and ensemble, including Catari, Torna Surriento, Parlami d’amore, Vieni sul mar, Santa Lucia, O sole mio and even some popular operatic melodies by Verdi, Donizetti and Rossini.
This programme was conceptualized by Willem Vogel of Salon Music, who also made the musical arrangements. After staging hugely succesful Salon concerts in SA for 24 years, Willem was also
responsible for 34 recordings of typical Salon Music.
Alon Sariel’s airfare was sponsored courtesy of Tararam – Israeli Embassy in South Africa.
MANDOLINO NAPOLITANO – PROGRAMME
- La Danza: Rossini
- O sole mio: Di Capua
- Che faro senza Euridice from Orfeo & Euridice: Gluck
- Dicitencello vuie: Falvo
- Io te vurria vasa: Di Capua
- Menuet from String Quintet in E Major: Boccherini
- Le Onde: Einaudi
- Adios muchachos: Sanders
- Melodie de Gluck: Sgambati
- Torna Surriento: De Curtis
- Musica Proibita: Gastaldon
- Prelude from La Traviata: Verdi
- Que sera, sera: Livingstone & Evans
- La Montanara: Ortelli
- Una furtiva Lacrima from L’Elisir d’amore: Donizetti
- Les Filles de Cadix: Delibes
- O mio babbino caro from Gianni Schicchi: Puccini
- Santa Lucia: Cottrau
- Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana: Mascagni
- Funiculi, funicula: Denza